Leanto Barn Construction Details
10' Wide Lean-to Barn Specifications
10' Wide Lean-to Barn Gable Specs
10' Wide Lean-to Barn Floor Sample
12' Wide Lean-to Barn Specifications
12' Wide Lean-to Barn Gable Specs
12' Wide Lean-to Barn Floor Sample
Note: To improve our buildings, we reserve the right to change construction
details without notice. Please ask us for up-to-date specifications when
ordering your barn. We willl supply similar CAD drawings free of charge when leanto barn is
To comply with code requirements in some select areas, all of our Leanto
Barns are now built with 4x4 Yellow Pine posts.
12' wide lean-to barn before overhang is attached. Lean-to overhang
must be assembled on site. Overhang comes partially pre-built with
gables already built.
View from underneath the lean-to. We use 6x6 p.t. posts and double 2x10 header
to support overhang. This barn
was built with optional metal roofing.
Lean-to Barn Construction Information:
- It is strongly recommended to place lean-to barns on top of concrete
foundation (concrete pillars).
- With every lean-to barn order, we email free PDF plans. Plans we
supply are floor plan, gable detail and foundation layout (plans are not
- On all lean-to barns, front wall is made taller to accommodate overhang
and create more clearance under overhang header.
- Regular shedrows or run-in sheds are not designed for future lean-to
addition due to front wall not being tall enough on standard barns and
- Depending on your local ground snow load, we might need to upgrade
rafters to 2x8 SPF in order to comply with codes (extra fee will apply).
- You may choose to place overhang 6x6 p.t. posts in the ground or on
top of concrete pillars (in ground placement is less expensive).
- You must specify if you are planning to put overhang posts in ground
or on foundation, so we can send you the right length posts.