Horse Shed Construction Specifications & Details
Sample Print of 10'x20' Run In Shed
10' Wide Run In Shed Gable Specs
10'x20' Run In Shed Floor Sample
Sample Print of 12'x32' Shedrow Barn
12' Wide Shedrow Barn Gable Specs
12'x32' Shedrow Floor Sample
SHEDROW INTERIOR IMAGES
When you order any of our run-in shed or shedrow, similar "Construction Specifications" print will be emailed to you free of charge.
If print is requested before order is placed, non-refundable fee of $75 will apply.
Our portable horse sheds are
built with premium materials and rough-cut oak wall framing. All ground
contact sill plates are 6x6 pressure treated.
NOTE: To comply with some local building codes, we reserve the right to
substitute Oak 4x4 posts with Yellow Pine 4x4 posts.
We reserve the right to change construction specifications without notice.
Interior of a shedrow barn. Shown 6-lite window with window grill, partition with grill
and oak kickboards. Standard roof is built with 2x4 SPF
rafters 16" o.c., Shown with optional 1/2" plywood roof deck. As an option, you may
also upgrade roof to 2x6 SPF rafters or metal roofing.
Image of this run-in shed interior was taken before kickboards were installed
to show framing and bracing of the walls. Base of all of our horse sheds
is made of 6x6 pressure treated timbers.
NOTE: Images are shown with 1/2" optional plywood roofing. Standard
is 7/16" OSB.
Additional Horse Shed Construction Information:
- Run-in sheds with wider openings, require larger header size (2x10 or 2x12)
- We might use 4x4 Southern Yellow Pine posts on large shedrow barns
- Keep in mind that inside dimensions of stalls and run-ins are
approximately 8" smaller than outside dimensions
- Optional T & G barn siding (if ordered) is face-nailed with Hot Dipped Galvanized nails
- If Dutch doors are placed on the back wall, they won't be full
7' tall. Due to shorter back wall, they'll be only 6'-6" tall
- All windows on shedrows are single pane 6-lite wood sash (28"W x
25"H) that slides to the side to open
- Solid wall partition is standard between tack room and stall
(grilled partition is optional)